If you’re just tuning in, here are the latest updates on the coronavirus pandemic today.
- A changing office landscape: Bustling skyscrapers and office parks packed with workers could be a relic of the pre-pandemic world. A new survey says big corporations could favor a virtual work model even after a Covid-19 vaccine.
- Catching Covid twice: Two European patients, one in Belgium and one in the Netherlands, have been infected twice by the coronavirus, virologists say. This comes after a 33-year-old man in Hong Kong was reported to have had Covid-19 twice this year, according to preliminary research.
- College campuses: As students return to campuses, at least 24 states are reporting positive cases of Covid-19 at colleges and universities. This represents more than 3,300 cases of Covid-19 among students and staff. Additionally, North Carolina State Athletics has temporarily paused all athletic-related activities, including football, “due to an identified cluster within its programs.”
- Hot spots: Florida health officials reported 2,673 new Covid-19 cases and 183 additional resident deaths on Monday. Across the country, there have been at least 5,750,470 cases of coronavirus, and at least 177,619 people have died, according to data from Johns Hopkins University.
- Airline Industry: American Airlines says it will lay off or involuntarily furlough 19,000 employees as of Oct. 1 unless the airline industry gets more help from Congress.
Source : CNN