Vietnam’s health ministry says up to 800,000 visitors to Danang city, the nation’s coronavirus epicentre, have left for other parts of the country since July 1.

Vietnam last week detected its first locally transmitted COVID-19 cases in more than three months in Danang, a tourism hot spot.

Vietnam Imposes Restrictions As Coronavirus Cases Rise
The Southeast Asian country reported its first two COVID-19 deaths on Friday, and the toll rose to three on Saturday [Linh Pham/Getty]

The total number of infections in the country has since risen to 558 from 413, with most of the new cases linked to three hospitals in Danang.

More than 41,000 people have visited the three hospitals since July 1, the ministry said in a statement.

Source: Aljazeera

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.