Thailand will ease some of its coronavirus-related restrictions from today, Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha’s office has announced.
The new rules include:
- A shorter nationwide curfew, which now extends from 11 p.m. to 3 a.m.
- Schools and educational facilities can reopen, but only to prepare for when students return and to host exams, meetings and certain sporting events.
- Shopping malls, markets and exhibitions can now stay open until 9 p.m., provided people practice social distancing.
- Gyms are allowed to reopen, provided they only let in a limited number of users at a time.
- Beauty clinics and tattoo shops can also reopen.
- Spas and massage parlors can reopen but cannot let people use steam rooms or provide facial treatments.
- Sporting arenas can open for practice, but not competition.
- Cinemas and theaters can reopen, with an audience limit of 200 people. Concerts remain banned.
- Zoos and marine parks may reopen, but not to full capacity.
Source: CNN News