Four more cases of the new coronavirus have been recorded in Oman, taking the overall infections in the Gulf country to 52, the Health Ministry said Saturday.

The latest cases are for four Omani nationals: two of them were in contact with previously infected people and the two other cases were linked to travel to Britain and Spain, the ministry, added according to the Omani news agency.

Thirteen other cases have recovered from the highly infectious disease, said the ministry that urged people to abide by quarantine measures and avoid travel unless necessary. Oman has put in place a series of precautions aimed at preventing the spread of the virus. They include stopping issuing tourist visas and all sporting events as well as banning the entry of tourist vessels to the sultanate’s ports. Oman has also suspended all public transport services until further notice as a precautionary step.

Source: GULF NEWS

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.