As the coronavirus continues to spread across the US, states are taking emergency measures to combat the pandemic. Here are some of tonight’s latest developments:
- Hawaii is asking tourists to stay away and postpone their holidays.
- Nevada is asking people to stay home, and is ordering non-essential businesses to close for 30 days.
- California has closed nearly all public schools. In Northern California, nearly 8 million residents are under a shelter in place order.
- South Carolina is closing bars and some restaurants, and extending state tax deadlines.
- Washington is looking “beyond the usual places” to find protective medical equipment.
- Wisconsin is closing schools, prohibiting gatherings of more than 10 people, and prohibiting restaurants from serving food on premises.
- Colorado has deployed members of the National Guard to support local and state response.
And the virus finally reached West Virginia, the last uninfected state, today. All 50 states now have cases of the coronavirus.