Nearly seven million people living in a wide swath of Northern California, including Silicon Valley, are currently under a “shelter in place order.”
Along with San Francisco, residents in San Mateo, Santa Clara, Marin, Alameda, and Contra Costa counties, along with the City of Berkeley are being required to stay home, per an order from Health Officers of those jurisdictions
In San Francisco, city officials ordered residents to remain in place at their homes except for essential activities, essential business and essential government functions.
The city government of San Fransisco said the following activities are essential and exempt from the orders:
Essential Activities (exemptions to the shelter in place order) include:
- Tasks essential to maintain health and safety, such as obtaining medicine or seeing a doctor
- Getting necessary services or supplies for themselves or their family or household members, such as getting food and supplies, pet food and getting supplies necessary for staying at home
- Engaging in outdoor activity, such as walking, hiking or running provided that you maintain at least six feet of social distancing;
- Performing work providing essential services at an Essential Business or Essential Government function, including work in health care work, child care and at grocery stores and pharmacies.
- Caring for a family member in another household;
- Caring for elderly, minors, dependents, persons with disabilities, or other vulnerable persons.
Source: CNN News