Saudi Arabia quarantines region after COVID-19 cases

    0
    484
    Ambulances arrive to the Arnau de Vilanova hospital in Valencia on March 4, 2020, a day after Spanish officials reported the country's first coronavirus death, a man who died last month at the hospital. (Photo by JOSE JORDAN / STR / AFP)

    Saudi Arabia has announced the lockdown of the Qatif region in the Eastern Province on Sunday due to an increase in coronavirus cases, state news agency SPA said.

    The quarantine comes after all of Saudi Arabia’s 11 coronavirus cases were found to be residents of Qatif, SPA said. 

    All labor work inside the province will also be stopped in governmental institutions; however, commercial supplies will continue to be delivered to the region, the statement added. 

    Qatif has a population of more than 500,000, according to government statistics.  

    Source: CNN News

    Photo cr

    LEAVE A REPLY

    Please enter your comment!
    Please enter your name here

    This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.