Health officials maintain one of the best ways to prevent the novel coronavirus from spreading is by washing your hands.
Simple enough, right? Wrong.
Instructions from the US CDC say you should be lathering soap on your hands for at least 20 seconds. To help you keep track of time, the agency suggests you hum the “Happy Birthday” song twice.
For those who don’t want “Happy Birthday” stuck in their head, here’s a list of songs with a tune from each decade to help you jam out as you’re scrubbing off the germs:
- The 50s: “Jailhouse Rock” by Elvis Presley
- The 60s: “My Girl” by The Temptations
- The 70s: “Dancing Queen” by ABBA
- The 80s: “I love Rock ‘n’ Roll” by Joan Jett & The Blackhearts
- The 90s: “Say My Name” by Destiny’s Child
- The 2000s: “Ms. Jackson” by OutKast
- The 2010s: “Truth Hurts” by Lizzo