- DISABILITY SPORT: The World Shooting Para Sport World Cup, which was set to take place in Al Ain, United Arab Emirates from 11-22 March, is cancelled.
- MOTORSPORT: The second World Superbikes race of the season in Qatar, which was due to take place from 13-15 March, is postponed.
- SPORT CLIMBING: Olympic test event from 6-7 March in Tokyo to be held without athletes. Organisers said Tokyo 2020 staff would take the place of athletes to “test operational readiness”.
- DISABILITY SPORT: Japan Para Wheelchair Rugby Championships, a test event for the Paralympics scheduled for 12-15 March, is cancelled.
- TENNIS: WTA event the Kunming Open scheduled for 27 April-3 May in the Chinese city of Anning is cancelled.
- FOOTBALL: The Swiss Football League is suspended until 23 March following a meeting between all 20 clubs.
- FOOTBALL: International Champions Cup matches due to take place in Asia this summer are cancelled.
- CRICKET: Ireland women’s cricket tour to Thailand for a four-team tournament was cancelled.
- MOTORSPORT: The season’s second MotoGP, set for Thailand on 22 March, is cancelled “in the best interests of the nation and participants”. The season opening race had already been cancelled.
- MOTORSPORT: The opening MotoGP of the season in Qatar on 8 March is cancelled as a result of travel restrictions imposed on passengers from Italy because of coronavirus.
- FOOTBALL: The Serie A match between Sampdoria’s and Hellas Verona, scheduled for 2 March, is also postponed because of the outbreak in Italy.
See more at bbc.com/sports