Jordan bars entry to citizens from China, Iran, South Korea

0
120

Source : CNA

AMMAN: Jordan said on Sunday (Feb 23) it will bar entry to citizens of China, Iran and South Korea and other foreigners travelling from those countries in response to the deadly coronavirus outbreak.

The minister of state for media affairs, Amjad Adayleh, said the decision was part of “preemptive measures” following the rise in cases of coronavirus in South Korea, Iran and China.

Adayleh said the ban would be “temporary” and imposed on all non-Jordanians coming from the three nations among the worst affected by the illness.

“Jordanians who come from those countries will be placed in quarantine for two weeks to ensure they have not contracted the coronavirus,” he said.

Jordan has so far not reported any cases of coronavirus.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.