UK businessman linked to Coronavirus case speaks out

    0
    209

    A British man linked to 11 coronavirus cases has spoken for the first time, saying he has “fully recovered” from the illness.

    Steve Walsh, who remains quarantined in hospital, says his thoughts are with others who have contracted the virus.

    He said his family have been asked to isolate themselves “as a precaution”.

    Meanwhile, Health Secretary Matt Hancock warned that the spread of the coronavirus would worsen before it improved.

    “Dealing with this disease is a marathon, not a sprint,” he told MPs in the Commons.

    “We will do everything that is effective to tackle this virus and keep people safe.”

    Mr Walsh, from Hove, who works for a firm providing gas analysis equipment, caught the virus in Singapore and is thought to have infected 11 others at a French ski resort.

    Five of the cases linked to Mr Walsh are in England, five are in France and one is in Majorca, Spain.

    Two of the people who contracted coronavirus at the chalet where Steve Walsh stayed are Bob Saynor and his wife, Catriona Greenwood.

    She worked as a locum GP at the County Oak medical centre in Brighton, which was temporarily closed on Monday.

    Eight people have tested positive for the virus in the UK so far.

    One of those infected is an A&E worker at Worthing Hospital in West Sussex, the Department of Health said on Tuesday.

    All services at the hospital continue to operate as normal, a spokeswoman for the department said.

    Public Health England is contacting the very small number of patients who were seen by the A&E worker, who had followed advice to self-isolate.

    Read more at BBC News

    LEAVE A REPLY

    Please enter your comment!
    Please enter your name here

    This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.