These measures are to be practised by the general public to reduce exposure to and transmission to the virus.
– Frequently clean hands by using alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water;
– When coughing and sneezing cover mouth and nose with flexed elbow or tissue – throw the tissue away immediately and wash hands;
– Avoid close contact with anyone who has fever and cough;
– If you have fever, cough and difficulty in breathing, seek medical care early and share previous travel history with your health care provider;
– When visiting live markets in areas currently experiencing cases of a novel coronavirus, avoid direct unprotected contact with live animals and surfaces in contact with animals;
– The consumption of raw or undercooked animal products should be avoided. Raw meat, milk or animal organs should be handled with care, to avoid cross-contamination with uncooked foods, as per good food safety practices.
Besides these measures, here are some other steps that one must follow.
1. Use mask – Try to wear a mask when you are in a public place. It will help.
2. If you feel slightly feverish, monitor and check your body temperature. Make sure that your body temperature is under control and normal.
4. Avoid large gatherings or crowded places – Avoid public places and big gatherings if you can.
5. Never touch your face or mouth with unclean hands
There is no specific antiviral treatment recommended for 2019-nCoV infection. People infected with the virus should receive supportive care to help relieve symptoms. People who think they may have been exposed to 2019-nCoV should contact your healthcare provider immediately.
We wish our readers and users to be safe and hence this message is issued for the purpose of your safety and to spread awareness about the preventive measures of the ongoing coronavirus infection.